Application for the Mission Inn Foundation and Museum Docent-in-Training Program
Docent Trainees are required to:
- Applicants are required to attend an orientation interview meeting prior to acceptance into program.
- Pay a $25 material fee upon acceptance to the class.
- Attend Docent in Training classes held once a week in the evening from mid-September through April.
- Maintain an active paid membership to the Mission Inn Foundation (starting at $20/year for volunteers. Click here for more options).
- Assist in a minimum of four tours during the Festival of Lights holiday tour season commencing the day after Thanksgiving through the first weekend in January.
- Successful completion of the docent training program.
Benefits of being a Docent:
- Ongoing continuing education program
- Archival trips
- Field trips
- Access to artifacts of the Mission Inn
- Complimentary tour certificates
- Discount shopping in the Museum Store
- Holiday party
- Graduation program
If you have questions please call the Mission Inn Foundation at 951-781-8241.
Alternately, you may submit the form online below. Remember to click the Submit button at the end of the form.