The Mission Inn Foundation offers two tours led by trained docents on the art, artifacts, architecture, and history of the Mission Inn. Reservations are highly recommended as we only take a limited number of guests per tour. Please purchase tickets online here. Seasonal prices subject to change. For additional questions or concerns, call us at 951-788-9556. The museum is open 9:30am - 4:30pm daily.
Landmark Walking Tour – This 75 minute walking tour explores the interior of the National Historic Landmark Mission Inn Hotel, offering the opportunity to see parts of the hotel which are normally inaccessible to the general public, based on availability. Experience over 120 years of history within the grand rooms of the Mission Inn.
Outside The Inn Outdoor Walking Tour – This 60 minute outdoor walking tour explores the National Historic Landmark Mission Inn’s architecture, history and place within Riverside.
COVID Specific – All guests must follow Riverside County guidelines, including wearing masks and social distancing on all tours, regardless of whether they are conducted inside or outside. Any guest who refuses to follow these guidelines during any portion of the tour will be refunded their admission and asked to leave. If you cannot wear a mask for any reason, we ask that you wait to join us on tours until a later date.
- Tours are subject to availability.
- Tour dates/times are transferable up to 24 hours prior to tour time.
- Tour tickets are nonrefundable, but are transferable up to 24 hours prior to tour time.
- No food/drink allowed on any tour. The only exception is water which must be in a container with a lid.
- Service animals only.
- Tour route subject to change
- Per the Mission Inn Foundation's tour regulations and at the request of the Mission Inn Hotel & Spa, no photography will be allowed on this tour. This includes cellular phone cameras and all other small portable electronic devices, which docents will request to be turned off for the duration of the tour.
Group and Student Tours
Would you like a private tour for your party? A private group tour is the perfect option for your family group, office excursion, or wedding guests. Specialty tours may be available for an extra cost including Art, Photography, or Women of the Mission Inn.* Please contact Nanci Larsen to book your group tour 951-781-8241,.
*Advance reservations and a 50% deposit are required for group tours. Discounted rates may be available for groups of 25 or more. School tours are not available during the Festival of Lights (late November-early January).
The Mission Inn Foundation Office is open Monday - Friday, 10:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m. For special events, or research inquiries, please call 951-781-8241.
The Mission Inn Museum and Museum Store is open daily, 9:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m., with extended hours for Riverside Arts Walk on the first Thursday of each month and during the Festival of Lights holiday season. For daily tours, exhibition information, or general visitor resources, please call 951-788-9556.